We are now assessing most patients by telephone consultation. Face to face appointments will only be offered for urgent problems in patients at low risk for COVID19.
There are temporary Medicare item numbers, which will allow us to bulk bill certain telephone consults. Please read the following information carefully.
Telephone consults can be bulk billed when:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID19 and you are isolating at home.
- You have received medical advice (from us or another health service) to isolate yourself at home because in the past 14 days you have returned from overseas, or you have been in close contact with someone with COVID19.
- You have been seen at North Adelaide Family Practice in the last twelve months and you are at increased risk because:
- You are 70 years or over.
- You are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and 50 and over.
- You are pregnant.
- You are a parent of a child under 12 months.
- You are being treated for a chronic condition or are immune compromised.
- Your doctor has been required to home isolate
A private fee will apply for telephone consults for patients who do not fit the Medicare criteria:
|Length of Call
|More than 15 minutes